Another Addition to my Gears


I got myself the Canon BG-E2N Battery Grip and my Canon 50D looks even bulkier now! In truth, the weight really put some strain to my neck when it's clipped on, but it had to be there for some reasons. I love to take portraits and with this grip I can do so with ease. Not that I can't take any portrait shots without it, but by having it make my portrait shots more stable and vertically aligned. This is due to the positioning of my hands when shooting that way. I've tried shooting vertically when I first bought the 50D and I feel kind of awkward by doing so without the grip (It seems I'm too used to battery grips ever since I used one with my previous 450D and 1000D). So this grip solves that problem.

The extra battery compartment helps alot! There are slots for 2 batteries, although I only managed to use only one at the moment. This will be crucial when it comes to shooting a one-whole-day weddings or events as the extra power proves to be useful. It even has a weather seal foam that helps to prevent water or dust from entering the compartment and disrupt the electrical parts of the grip. I guess this thing is really engineered for harsh environments. Very useful if you're a nature photographer.

The battery grip is just one of the things that are in my gear list in preparation for my next wedding assignments. I'm also considering the Canon 580 EX II Speedlight, but at the moment, my Nissin Di622 would do just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment