There's a NEW Toy in Town!


Images courtesy of KenRockwell.com

Got the Canon EOS 50D SLR that I've been craving for after I sold my ever-so-reliable 450D to a friend of mine :). The 450D's got its new owner now and I know it will be well taken cared of.

Bought the 50D for a "reasonable" price at one of the local shops here and it's been with me for the past 10 days now. The reason I'm buying it is due to the experience I had over the last few wedding shoots I've been doing. I really admire the 2 customizable settings of the 50D which the 450D was lack of. It's very useful when I want to switch from shooting with flash to not using one. One flick and you get the right settings in an instant. Apart from that, I really like the magnesium alloy body which is very durable, yet light (lighter than 40D, i think). Bigger body means more space for my big hands to hold on. No battery grip is needed to fit your hands unless, of course, you want that extra battery clipped and hand grip for vertical shootings.

I don't really mind the 15.1MP and the DIGIC 4 processor that are being offered, though. For me, they're just added bonuses. Was thinking of getting the 40D with its 10.1MP at first. But what turned me away from it was the lack of the 920,000 dots LCD screen with 3 anti-reflecting layers, which the 50D is offering. Viewing my photos under direct sunlight has never been better!

The 50D's ultra-sonic shutter sound really comes in handy when shooting in quiet areas such as churches. I remembered the time when I was shooting extensively during the priest's reading in the church and he was staring at me as if i was bugging him. That's because the 450D's shutter sound is quite noisy. Try shooting a 450D continuously at 3.5 fps in a church while he's giving his speech. That would totally pissed him off! :P

All in all, I'm glad I have this baby. I can't wait to shoot with it. But for now, I have to rush on some unfinished matters. Till then, guys!

Oh, will post some photos with my new baby soon. So stay tuned. ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment